Wednesday, July 19, 2006

---=- Romance Writers Conference -=---

Some 2000 of us romance writers will be converging on the city of Atlanta next week for five days of learning from, connecting with and just plain enjoying a whole slew of like-minded individual's. It's the annual Romance Writers of America conference, a wonderful time of validation and encouragement. Writing is one of the loneliest businesses. So, the chance to confer and commiserate with others who know what it's like to focus, focus, focus on dream whose culmination at times seems as close as your fingertips, and other times as far away as Alpha Centauri, is priceless. I have an editor's appointment so I'm going to be practicing my spiel on my husband, the patient soul. What I look forward to most in those five days is the chance to eat, sleep and breathe--as a writer. The usual worries and responsibilities of domestic life will fade from view, being skillfully handled by my wonerful spouse and kids--so that for those few days I can just be a writer.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Gabi Stevens said...

Amen, sister, amen.
--Gabi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home